Saturday, August 27, 2005

History

I have been working with the school for the past 3 months.

The school is tamil medium and they have English as part of their curriculum from 5th standard. I worked with 6/7 std kids.

First Month (June 2005):
In the first month I was trying to teach the kids English grammar. How to form sentences? I could take 6 classes. Could nt do much. But atleast some kids could form simple sentences.

Lesson learnt:
Wrt 6/7 std kids

Reading- Can read slowly.
Writing/Speaking - Cannot form sentences on their own.

Second/Third Month (July, August 2005):
I thought my, Anands, Mani s strength is Maths and Science. So y not teach them that. Also the teachers said that in 8 th standard the medium becomes English and then it becomes difficult for the kids.

On top of this, we three of us are not very regular. We have a slot from 10:30 - 12:00.

So we decided to take up Maths and Science, emphasising the English terminology.

Our experience with the kids for the past 2 months has taught us some lessons.
Also I got some idea about the goal of DSF as a whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home